Wednesday, September 28, 2011

We Made It!!!!

Ohhhhhh man what a past few days it has been. Packing and getting the house ready on Monday and Tuesday was already depressing enough as it is... but this was next to torture. I know I am a huge baby and all but like I have grown close to so many people I just cannot describe it. I am so lucky to have these people in my life it is crazy. tearing down all the posters in the house, papers we wrote and stuck to the wall and just cleaning the whole house was heartbreakig because we have so many memories in the house its insane, and  it doesnt hit you until the worst moment.

JD and I had to make the last supper and also make a supper for the next group coming so we decided to make a shit load of spaghetti and meatballs which turned out in a success. Sitting at the table for the last time was just brutal becaused we knew that it was our last offical supper in the house. At this point I didnt even start packing and I was waiting on another load of laundry to be done. I bawled my eyes out at the table which got Martyna crying also and it was sad but we were all trying to stay positive. I finished packing at around 8ish and we all decided to watch a movie together and make popcorn... I ended up passing out and took a powernap then I got woken up to come out to see the Northern lights in the sky at the park. It was beautiful, truly amazing and def a great goodbye gift. We we got back to the house it was around 1 am and we gave Gab her card and gifts along with it. Biggggesssttt cry fest like ommmmmmmmmmmgg but we found out she was coming to the  airport with us so that was pretty amazing. Doing my last rounds in the house was painful but at the same time it was great just remembering the memories and I just thought how grateful I was to live in such a great place. I was in such a cry mood I wanted to sit and just bawl my eyes out, it was pretty bad.

We listened to our fav songs on the bus on the way back but before getting on the bus we had like 10 mintues of silence just standing outside of the house... not forced it just happened, everyone was so sad. We were off to the St. Boniface house to pick up the other group and Colin was there too. The airport was fuucking depressing and we had to wait 2 and a half hours until our flight. Gab left around 3:30 and another cryfest happened it was crazy. She gave us each a letter written to us and after she left she said we could open it so I did and she just made my heart melt. I am so lucky so have such a great PL like her she really changed me.

Anyways the first plan ride to Toronto was a bit long but I didn't sleep, we got in at 8:34am and Soph met up with me to chill for a bit and say goodbye for a third time :( first time I didnt cry! surprising,... maybe I was just so tired or iuno but I am so happy she came to visit me and I am so lucky to have such a great friend. Her letter to me was intense but I loved every moment of it.

First flight I watched Super 8.. got bored of it but then by that time came the flight was over. The flight to Halifax was a bit shorter and I tried to watch that x men movie but it was longer then the flight so I couldnt finish it,. We arrived in Halifax at around 12:30ish and had to wait until 4:20ish cuz our flight was delayed so we got somethign to eat and kinda just chilled. Got the best massage from Stefan :D:D hes the bessst for that :) Kinda just chilled with everyone and yeah we were all exhausted but we made it through. The last flight was a tiny little shitty plane you had to walk on and like bend down because the plane was so tiny but it went by fats and I almost past out then.

Getting to Goosebay was so weird the airport was soo shitty but we met our PL and we took our luggage to the van using the katimavik van so we had to make two trips. Our house is way smaller then the last but newer and nice. The beds are nicer and actual matresses and not leather things. Way comfier andddd we got a closet this time !!! :D:D but yeah Martyna, Danielle and I share a room again,,, different arrangements but yeah,. Right now its chills and I put away all my stuff and im good and all settled but its still kinda weird. We all miss gab and st, pierre soooooo much its insane but theres so much thats gonna happen here so im kinda glad theres a bit of a change.. well theres a HUGEEE change here, its way different and i dont know what to think yet i barely saw the town yet. We read our welcome packages from the other group and they all seem cool. We actually met up with a few people were switching hosues with at the halifax airport and it was cool just chatting for a bit.

One thing I can def say is Labrador is nothing like Newfoundland they are two different places and totally different, even the people here hate it when you call them Newfies because they arent. But for now things are good and ohhhh yeah nooo cellphone reception because no rogers up here so no phone :( i can recieve calls on our phone though for free and were getting the wifi password but i dont even have my laptop anymore because i sent it back soooooo whateves. its good in a way to be disconnected a bit more and do my own thing but at the same time like AHHHH

sooo many memories to come and tonight is the first night to our second half of katimavik, time is just flying by like wowwwww, but up at 9 tomorrow, im one hour ahead of toronto time but 2 hours ahead of the time im used to so its a bit weird but yeahhhhh thats all for now be back with more when i have some.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment