Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This thing is really screwed up... & SELECTIONS!

Okay first of all I went on here to update everything but I found out there were like 3 different blogs? And my previous post from April 8th didn't show up but when I went on the other ones it did but when I click dashboard to go back to the main page they all bring me back to the same thing and same email.... ITS FUCKED! So hopefully this is the last time I have to screw with this like that because this is the second time.. it happened with my first attempt of blogging.

ANYWAYSSSS

I thought today was the day I was going to find out where I was going to be placed but I found out LAST NIGHTTT when i got home at around 11pm ish. I guess they send it out all at once and it must of been midnight in Newfoundland or something so lucky me and others got it a little ahead of time! Officially Group 31107! The second I saw that, it hasn't left my mind! The thing that was kind of dissapointing is that we only found out one out of two locations but whateves I'm not complaining!

First location is St. Pierre Jolys Manitoba! I find this a coinsidence because when I was watching youtube videos on Katimavik and seeing what the life was really like, I was following a guy that was in the same house I am going to be in! So I have an idea of what the town is like along with what the house looks like. It's oldddd but beautiful. Must be 4 stories and it takes up a corner lot... I think... and right across from the villages' only gorcery store and the bar! Wooo! Another good thing.. DRINKING AGE IS 18 IN MANITOBA! I know I shouldn't be super excited like what if somebody from Katimavik sees this and thinks I'm some sort of alcoholic or something... WHICH IS NOT TRUE! haha Oh well his first night their group went to the bar so hey, I'm not the only one.

Soooooooo right after I found out my group number and such I saw a bunchhhh of people posting on the facebook wall trying to find their group and I swear I can match everyone with their group because I saw so many of the same numbers! But good news! I found two people, Martyna and Spencer, both from Ontario so that must mean there is one more person out there and the rest is from other provinces/territories. Martyna goes to Western so we probably have some sort of mutual friends? Not sure yet, and Spencer is from Brantford so not too far from here. It seems like there are the same faces on the facebook wall looking for people and the rest don't give a shit or don't use a computer lol Wellllll seee it's only the first day technically.

So every group found out their numbers except Horizons which should be sometime today or tomorrow. I can tell Becky is freaking out and can't wait to find out! I would be in the same boat. There are also a lot of people who are as confused as I am in regards to recieving one and of two placements, except the active learning groups that is, just being one location. I guess we find out later on or they haven't got that far in placing groups in locations.. who knowsss

Soooo my full acceptance is conditional to:

- Payment of the $350 deposit - Check
- Payment of the $150 insurance fee - Check
- Medical Dossier completion - Check
- Criminal record and something something check - Still Pending
- Completion of some forms to be signed and returned - Still Pending

anddd.... I think that's it because those items still pending I recieved last night. Also for the Criminal Record check and such I don't think it will be a problem since I don't think I have a criminal record... should hope not! haha but people in large cities like Toronto has to call the volunteer office and find out how to do it so I will be doing that today to see what's up.

P.S DID I MENTION... the "town/village" has a population of 893?!?!! Holy shit son there were more people in my highschool then that! One gorcery store, one school, I guess you can guess the rest. Over 70% French speaking population! I'm screwed.. lol but for this little village they have a pretty big website. The village is mainly Catholic/Christian too so that should be interesting. I'm kinda glad I got put to a place like Manitoba though since I've never actually been there, just flew over. It's about half an hour away from Winnipeg and I think 40km away from the US border so this place is pretty south. So I'm assuming flight to Winnipeg then coach it to St. Pierre Jolys. Is it weird I'm not excatly sure how to say the last word? tat's how bad my French is...

But yes that is my exciting news of figuring out my group number and such. Hopefully I meet more people online but you never know. I'm off to call Katimavik!

Back with more news soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment