Well well, to get this thing started.. its main purpose is to document my Katimavik experience before, during and after but I think my life in these periods is important too. Anywayssss, life has been the same but I guess just fading more on the social side. Work has effected this but I think my lack of effort and others is the main purpose. Honestly I think I am falling apart from most people I used to be close friends with. One little thing said completely ruins a good pattern of simple things of chilling, talking, etc. This really makes you think deeper oon whos real and what really matters. I can't really blame other people because I know if I did, I would be a hipicryte because there are others that I have pushed away for no good reason. I guess it's true when they say "you don't know what you have until it's gone."
Work was tiring at first because I was booked to work 9 days straight all starting at noon or 1. This sounds great becaue of the starting time but you have to understand when working in the restaurant business, that time is lunch AND dinner rushes. Including prep for both which is a rush and a half if people of yorkdale decide to never stop eating or the lineups never end. But recently I've been getting crappy hours, like 2 or 3 days a week which is not good for the bank slash my pocket especially if I want to save up before leaving for Katimavik. Don't get me wrong Milestones is great and all, working in a high-class restaurant, the people, discountssss but it's a lot of fucking work, aaaalot of work and if something isn't done, you are FUCKED especially if it's the weekend or just a busy ass day. Especially if you are working with a slacker and your list needsss to be done and it is like a 5 person job... def does not help. Anyways I do have enough money and a bit to buy a bike which I am really excited about especially to get this exercise thing going. I am not a fan of running and biking is something I actually do enjoy so I am looking forward to it.
I could bitch about work forever but I don't think it's that worth it meeeh work tomorrow at 12! It's money right
I'm getting really excited about Katimavik especially after hearng I was accepted on the first round of selection. I honestly thought there was going to be only one round of selection and that was my only chance of proving myself to be worthy but there are about 4. I am just glad I was chosen first. One thing that bugged me though was a comment from someone saying something along the lines of "oh you did it, without any other help or anything.." like what the hell is that suppost to mean? A compliment? Just because you barely know shit about the program and hear of a family friend dealing with it does not mean you can help me get into anything. That is impossible anyway because the chance of everyone getting in is equally if the application is done correctly and you don't come off as a complete retard. Honestly I can't believe Becky got rejectled 4 times or whatever before being accepted... like seriously? Could it be that bad? Could it be her lack of common sense or is it the spelling thing? I swear that girl cannot spell for shit. I mean I can be a pretty bad speller at times but like when is there ever like a Q or M in something like "alcohol"? Get real comon.
Wellll after being accepted the enxt step was paying the fees and havng the medical assesment. The fees weren't a problem but I wanted to pay them ASAP thinking, it was first come first serve! This made me nervous, as well as the doctor part because it means a full examination to fill out something like 9 pages of documents! Like gheeez, and I read from other people posting on the Katimavik facebook page that they had to pay over 100 or 200 $$$$ for theirs! What the hell... I paid 20.. weird isn't it? At first my doctor didn't even mention a price but he though it was just some bullshit and did a basic basic exam, weighed me and told me to come back over the weekend and gave me incomplete forms ..-_- like comon now, these forms are pending on my full acceptance to a program I've been wanting to participate in for soooo long now and you treat it with this amount of respect?! Thanks a lot..
So the dates are comin up to when we find out our group numbers and where we are going! First can I mention I missed a phone call from Katimavik one night while I was out about a week ago and I haven't received another call, AND my homephone doesn't have an answering machine because my moms smart like that. I really didn't want to call backa nd deal with the press 1, press 2, automated shit so maybe if it was that important they would call back? I'm thinking it was my French assessment which I would of completely failed anyways but if they decided to form groups before doing this, hopefully they assume I have no French knownledge at all so that I'm not the only one in the group....
So now it is officially 4 days until I know which kinda makes me nervous because what if they send me an email saying something like,, ohh sorry try again next year. IT COULD HAPPEN! But to be honest I would keep trying until I was 21, and never tell anyone how many times I've tried and make it glorious all to myself if I do get fully accepted. I should be fully accepted right now right? I guess we'll see upcoming Tuesday! fingers crossed.
My application must be moving smoothly since they have recieved all payments, and such. I tried to be smart when an allumi called me the one time seeing if I had any questions about the program that I wanted answered (but knowing me and have done all my research) I kind of made up questions to make myself seem interested into the program and try to get some sort of checkmark on her secretive scoreboard to say "oh yes shes the one she should get accepted!" Any little thing helps!
Anyways this has been a mumble rant about random things but I have to end this since I have to sleep, shower and be at work in less than 11 hours... seems like a lot but I loooove my sleep. I realize during the program that will probably change but I am going to take advantage of this while it lasts.
Goodnight
No comments:
Post a Comment