Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Moree moree moreeee

We had our interviews yesterday and was told where we were gonna work. I got the museum which is alright but it was my thirdd choice but whatevvvessss. Lowen and I work together and we went out yesterday with Rolly (my supervisor) to get pizzas and watermelon! He is such a nice man and has the most epic mustache in the town. He also told us that the next day he won't be there on our first day but he alreayd had things for us to do. So today,, first day of work! We were sent to the arena for 9 to help out with the set up of Frog Follies this weekend. Frog Follies is  a huge huge event that is celebrating annaully but the town and it has everything from beer tents, dancing, a social, ffooooood, frog races haha and so much more, lots of entertainment!!! We started off by bringing stuff fromm the follies shed to the area with a trcuk and trailer. So many people ended up helping out so the day waas short and only lasted 2 hours! Lots of heavy lifting  but it got done with the amount of people that helped out. Lowen and i went to the museum and chatted with the girls until she called Rolly to see what we would do  but he told us to take a hour and a half lunch break and meet at the arena again to help out the arena manager roger. Soooo we went home and tried to hook us his computer to the internet since we dont have a laptop anymore... I KNOW SOMEBODY FYUCJING PUT A VIRUS ON IT AHHHHH! and wee did and ate and I actullly skyyypppedd! :)

We went back to the arena for 1 and got instructions to mop the floors and wash stuff which only took 30 mintues and the manager was gone so we just left. I was only 1;30 and people start getting home between 3-5 so Lowen and I checked out the thrift store and the cinema. The thrift store is tiny tinyyy but alright, not a lot there and the cinema is wickkkkkkked. Danny a guy we met was there cuz we works there and gavce us a tour. Its basically a place for to just chill out theres pool tables, fooseball tables, wii, ps3, xbox, flats screen, the huge screen where you can play rockband and more wii, a roomm with drums and guitars and living room and sooo much more. You can buy snacks and its pretty chill. They play a movie every week and this week its Rio, and every movie is only 2$ but to chill there is freee! They do lots of programs with schools but schools out for the summers so its pretty empty.

We had such a chill day I loved it, we chilled at the cinema and played some pool and it was pretty fun. Ohhhh and last night we finally went out to the bar. Everyone drank except Claudia and Aiden but nobody got smashed or anything just social drinks and games of pool. The bar was completely dead but it was alright thats another cool chilll spot. JD cant get in cuz he is only 17 but him and Danielle stayed home. We had so much freee time yesterday and I was so bored but everyone was like watching movies off of Lowens laptop which I was not down to do so me and a few people got ready to go and other poeple realized where we were going so we allll went :)

Tonight we are doing more frog follies work but with the whole group helping out. All we have to do is basically decorate and set up chairs and tables because we did the rest of the stuff today. The outdoors stuff will be set up tomorrow but Im not excatly sure if we meet at the musuem, or go straight there. Im at the library right now cuz I was told that theres wifi, which there is and I brought my computer and everything but my computer wont connect for some reason and it really sucks :( SOOOO im on the library computer which is pretty fast. Alsoooo internet access is totally free for Katimavik people so thats great instead of paying a dollar an hour or whatever the rate it.

The town is so small but it just makes it so good ebcause everyone is super nice. Last night I could barely sleep because my head was pounddddding and my nose was runny and im all stuffed up. A few people are getting it and it will def go around the house because Gabrielle now has it too. Porbably gonna head back to the hosue msot peopel should be home by now so im just gonna realize and chill out for a bit maybe take a nap and then get up and ready for Frog follies which I am basically ready for. P.s this shirtt is pretttttyyy sick i love it and everyone loves Katimavik so it works out!

later dayyyyyyyyyys

No comments:

Post a Comment